This training course is for voluntary and/or professional youth workers working directly with young people. It offers support in developing and applying for your first international Youth Exchange in the framework of the Erasmus+: Youth Programme.
The aim of the training course is to offer an international learning experience that can make you feel more confident about taking the first steps into organising your own youth exchange.
- To provide an introduction to the Erasmus+ Youth programme, focusing on the project type called Youth Exchanges
- To demonstrate how young people themselves can be involved in planning and running such projects
- To offer an individual and group learning experience through a simulated process on setting up a Youth Exchange project
- To develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to organise a Youth Exchange, based on the non-formal learning practice, principles, and quality standards of the EU youth programmes
- To enable participants to reflect on their learning by using a Youthpass – the strategy on the recognition of non-formal learning in the youth field
- To offer the opportunity to meet possible partner groups and to make contacts in other countries
The training course lasts for 3 full working days + arrival day and departure day. It is a learning-by-doing experience, built on a simulation exercise mixed with workshops, info sessions, activities to improve the group dynamics, and ends with an evaluation.
The Network of National Agencies for Erasmus+: Youth organises 2-3 editions of this training course each year.